9 February 2010

QUICK HANG A VALENTINE GARLAND AND A WREATH !

Monday night and I am running around doing laundry, packing a suitcase getting ready to go bargain (work!)for a three day stint.  But I haven't got enough Valentine decor out!  I started this project last year but by the time I finished a garland for each of the kids and a couple of friends, I was finished!  The same sort of situation happened this year.  Can't believe I'm admitting it but between this years' garlands and the ATCs - I'm "glittered out"!  I used a variety of Valentine scrapbooking papers, red heart shaped buttons and glittery foam hearts to cover the wood, scalloped heart shapes I picked up at Michael's last year.  New this year for me is the making of rosettes (another post on that).  Each of the hearts has a rosette and are separated by tulle - maybe I will get glitter on this next year?  All I have to do is string this together and hang it up..done!  What else?

The heart shaped twig and flower garland I picked up a couple of weeks ago at my favorite local place to find "wonderful bits, large and small"  http://www.frenchvanillahome.com/ .  So throw on some stuffed, red felt hearts and hang it on another mirror.  I will take the hearts off and this sweetie will stay up until the fall.  It wasn't that expensive and if I divide the days that it can be displayed by the price - then someone owes me money!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful wreath! Lovely Blog- none of your posts are signed- I do not know your name.....! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket