9 February 2010

ANOTHER SWEET VALENTINE GARLAND


This one is for my step-mom Toni who collects silhouettes.  The images came from Hedgehog Studios (see links).  Don't you think the Cinderella theme is perfect for Valentines? 

And honestly, yes I did think about keeping this one for myself!

The scalloped hearts and circles were cut out on Cricut using the Doodlecharm cartridge.  I use Cricut every chance I can to do the basic or repetitive work so that I can concentrate on the fun bits!

Glittery (micro glitter) red faux stitching (you will find faux stitching on almost everything I do), bigger chunky red glitter around the edges, a rosette in the center and tulle between each element.

I used my Scor-pal to make easy work of prepping a perfect paper (say that three times quickly) strip for the rosette.  I cut a 1" x 12" strip and scored it at every 1/2 inch.  Fan fold and adhere the ends.  Now holding this together can be a bit tricky.   I used a piece of double sided tape on the underside then a few drops of  Glossy Accents in the middle of the top for good, quick hold and topped this with two glittery foam pieces.

I bought a small package of glittered foam hearts at Michaels - I still have a few left and I used them on 6 six garlands, a number of ATCs and even gave a few away.  Love it when one purchase goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket