6 February 2010

A DAY TO REMEMBER DAD AND SHARE A VALENTINE PROJECT


Now for a project!  Love, love, love this one!

It was Midnite Crop last night at Scrapers' and I got a great start. These 8" x 8" vintage feel Valentines were inspired by the January project at http://www.jbsmercantile.com/ .

Cut an 8" x 8" piece of chipboard etc. for your base, cover it with cardstock or paper for background.   Decide on a picture.  I used one of Bob's primary school pictures in black and white for my first one.  I had both pictures printed to 5" X 7" and then cropped them.  4" x 4" or close provides a good balance.

Gather your "wonderful bits".  I marked the background off in four squares and adhered my photos as a place to start.  After that I took a patchwork approach - measuring, cutting and moving bits around.


Be sure to do some layering to create depth.  The JBS project used "Tim Holtz Fragments" which I also used.  You can't tell from the picture (I need to take better pictures!) but the large heart on the Lucy project is a velour stuffed little sweetie (thanks Linda!).  Now that I have done two, I will use my stash of vintage ephemera or copies on the next ones.   I'm thinking I will be doing these awhile!

Today would have been my dads' 84th birthday.  No one replaces the person who made you feel  that everything you did was great.  You had the best kids, partner and of course the best ideas.  He was pretty good at keeping any differing opinions from me .. not so much with other people :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket