30 November 2012

VINTAGE CANDY CANE CONE WITH SANTA


After a bit of fooling around with my first effort, now I am quite happy with this little project.  Again I started with a 7" paper mache cone on which I painted rough strips in a maroon red and creamy white, you don't have to be perfect because the next step is to cover all of this in a good white glue and coat with Diamond Dust.  I tried several other colors but a silver tinsel pipe cleaner for the handle worked best in this mix.  The red rim is wired tinsel trim from Michael's adhered with DST.  I adhered a line of vintage silver tinsel garland along the inside top (DST) and that along with a bit of snowy white paper shreds make a fine winter nest for the vintage '50s  snowman with plastic holly pick.  I added a rosette (the smaller TH die) made with a MS pp and topped with a vintage button.   A bit of ribbon and a sparkly pompom finish it off.  While I find Diamond Dust stays pretty well put, I have sprayed this this with a light coat of fixative.

I am entering this in the "Vintage Christmas" Challenge #39  over at Sugar Creek Hollow,  "V for Vintage" challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog, "Anything Goes" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Challenge, "Glitter and Sparkle" challenge at Divas By Design



13 comments:

  1. super sugary sweet, Sandi! that glittery cane effect is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cones. I have always been very fond of cones and tussie mussies. Love the red and white glittery stripes. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing project! LOVE the "sugary" chucky glitter.. WOW! :) Thanks for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a stunning Christmas cone with lovely embellishments, Sandi! The red and white stripes, glitter, rosette and greenery are just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining the Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty indeed! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cone is Vintage Christmas at its best!! I love the glittery Christmasy look!! I LOVE it Sandi!! Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful Christmas project! Love the vintage cone and all that glittery goodness! Gorgeous! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet challenges
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never made a cone and been itching to try my hand at it. Yours is lovely and I wish you the best of luck at the challenges.

    Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. I want to follow your blog but blogger is being, well blogger and it's not pulling up, I will keep trying.

    Very inspiring. Oh and I love your banner (something looks quite familiar ;)

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous, it has the Victorian look I love at Christmas time! And what is DST?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlett, I should resist using abbreviations! Double sided tape!

      Delete
  11. Wow! What a super Christmas project. Thank you for sharing it with us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket