10 November 2012

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS MATCHBOX ORNAMENT SWAP

Except for a few touches here and there, I am ready to send off my ornaments for the "Very Merry Christmas Matchbox Ornament Swap" hosted by Joanne of "Vintage Dragonfly".  We are to do eight ornaments using the small 32 count matchboxes.

My idea was to recreate a snowy Victorian or Edwardian style house. The bottom four I used Liquid Embroidery puffed up with my heat gun for the snow.  Ran out!  And couldn't find it locally.  The top four I have used "Polar"  Flower Soft for the snow which looks nicer IRL than in the pic.  I have glittered each one with "Warm Highlights" microfine glitter from GlitterRitz.  Inside I have adhered an angel image from Digital Collage Sheets outlined with Stickles.  I will put a small chandelier bead and some other goodies inside each one.  Thanks Joanne for yet again a great fun swap!



E

10 comments:

  1. I love them, they are soo sweet, I wanted to make a couple for my grnddaughters, last year I did one with the Nativity inside. How did you create or attach the peaked roof, could you share? Thanks so much for a great post!
    Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilou! I created a pattern by wrapping plain paper around the matchbox, drew the roof on the front and back. Played around a bit to make it come out close at least. I used my ScorePal to score the folds which kept it tidy. On some I traced a different paper to adhere to the roof. I used double sided tape to stick the front and back peaks together. Sandi

      Delete
  2. Oh those are so cute Sandi! They remind me of typical Dutch houses in Amsterdam. What a great idea. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandi, I'm so glad I checked back, they are just darling, I think I will put my grandkids pic's on the inside, we see, lol I'm just lovin' them!! Hugs and love sent your way! Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandi these little decorated matchboxes are just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little Victorian houses are just as cute as can be, Great idea! Wish I could have found the time to play along. lucky swapers!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous decorations - so very clever.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket