13 November 2012

SHABBY CHIC VINTAGE CHRISTMAS GARLAND SWAP

Did you know that "hangie things" are my absolute favourite!  Banners, bunting, drops, flags,  garlands, pennants, swags - by any name!  Of course I was going to be in on another of the fabulous swaps hosted by JoAnne of the Vintage Dragonfly

JoAnne supplied the pattern (choice of two) and we are required to create 6 pieces to swap.  We were to use white, cream and/or  ivory and perhaps the barest touch of other colour along with vintage images. 

I have made all of mine the same; background pps are Graphic 45, the holly border along the top is a MS punch which I embossed in clear for a bit more shine,  the rest is bordered with Opal Liquid Pearls which pick up a bit of the Evergreen Bough Distress Ink which I did the edges in, my vintage image (I'm sorry source forgotten!  Still haven't recovered brain cells lost from anesthetic!) is layered on cream cardstock which is edged with Platinum Stickles, the image is covered with Sugar Beads (translucent microbeads), at the bottom I have used a Prima ivory flower, some ivory stamens from my stash, glittered leaves from a floral pick and a coil of gold bullion wire (both Michael's) and finally a cream tassle.   

JoAnne will put six of our contributions together and mail us back a completed garland!  I can hardly wait! 


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...the micro beads must make your image so subtle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sandi! I can't wait to put these all together!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket