1 November 2012

DIA DE LOS MUERTOS (ART JOURNAL PAGE)

I had plans to do a bit more around Dia de los muertos this month but somehow time just disappeared!  We were fortunate to have experienced this celebratory time on a trip to Mexico a number of years ago.  

The sugar skull images come from Passion Fruits Images on Etsy.  The wings I traced from a  chipboard piece then dug into my sequins, vintage glass teardrops, hotfix crystals, sparkle pens and went crazy!  The sacred heart I did on a 10 Second Studio form, then hit it with some black gesso. I'm not completely happy with this page but I am glad to have gotten something down on a page!


4 comments:

  1. Oh Sandi, I do love your "funky side"!!! This is filled with so much fun I don't know where to begin! I'm loving the gesso, and they glass beads make such a statement.The colors are outstanding! Another of your creations that I LOVE!
    Happy Halloween!
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I for one reckon you've captured the whole spirit of this festival in one glorious page! Only seen it on the tele (lucky you to have been irl!) but it seems to be a real celebration of those who have passed, which is exactly what this is to me. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. Time for the Christmas posts. Bring it on
    Mom, I know you have a stash to show and I've been checking in daily to see some 'spirit' starting. Will my Chrissy packages outnumber Halloween? A girl can only hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page!. I'm not a big fan of skull but this skull is totally handsome!. The page is funky, and macho at the same time. LOVE the colors and metal embellishments :).

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket