8 July 2010

A SISTER SHARES - A HERITAGE LAYOUT (GRAPHIC 45 FASHIONISTA)



This two page layout is my response to two challenges:
    The Pink Elephant (http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/) - challenge #15 "do a heritage     layout" and,
    Blue Moon Scrapbooking (http://bluemoonscrapbooking.blogspot.com/) - "use the color blue"

Best guess this picture of Bob's mum Jean and her sister Betty is approximately 1949. This is possibly my favorite line from graphic 45 (whichever one I'm working with is usually my fav).  The layout itself is quite simple.

On the left hand page I covered the main background with a piece of vintage lacy netting to subdue it, let the picture take center stage and age it a bit.  The picture which I "framed" in the blue chintz pattern, I adhered with pop dots onto a double mat in two maroon papers. The tag/title I used a dictionary page from the turn of the century (sister definition).  I've used vintage seam binding for the most part (on both pages), a bit of double sided satin ribbon in cream and gold and a vintage pearl button on the frame.  The stick on pearls I colored with a Copic marker to "age" them.  Lots of ink all around.

The right hand page is a scrapbooking version of a French Memo Board - love this!  This is great for tucking in additional small pictures, letters, momentos or other ephemera.  Easy, easy and makes the most of the full page patterned papers.

3 comments:

  1. you have done a gorgeous job with these challenges! love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea of a second page!!! BTW The first page is just gorgeous!!! Love that G45 paper! Thanks for joining us over at TPE this week!! Have a wonderful week!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket