4 July 2010

GRANVILLE ISLAND - A SUMMER SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUT (ORANGE & YELLOW)


My response to The Studio (see links) July 4th challenge - do something summery using orange and yellow as the main colors.

A couple of pics from this day of  Allison and Alex have long been favorites.  I think it may have been the first time either of them had their faces painted - you can see a wee bit of skepticism on Alex's face in the small picture.  We lived in Penticton and had come to Vancouver for a visit with Nanny and Papa.   Granville Island was having a "redo" - there was a public market, Kids World, restaurants and lots of outdoor entertainment - it was a favorite spot for a family afternoon.

I started out intending to do a layout in the "current mode" i.e. one picture, patterned papers and embellishments grouped together in one small area with lots of surrounding "white" space.  Not my style but I can change it up!  Sure I can - this still isn't my usual style so different for me and from everyone else..LOL.

The papers are mostly Sassafrass "Anthem", a bit of ribbon and 7 gypsies gaffer tape (black with dots), pleated paper with some turquoise staples to balance a 3rd color - all inked up with Rusty Hinge distress ink. The title was cut with Basic George on my Cricut.  The color theme was an opportunity to pull out some vintage hang tags I had.   You are supposed to ignore the fact that they say B.C. Fur Dressers!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely photos Sandi and the little tags look great!

    Thanks for playing along with us at the Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of papers you've used, Sandi. And those tags made me giggle ;) Sorry, I know they weren't supposed to!! x

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket