11 July 2010

A FRIEND DISCOVERED - CARD

You know "I don't do cards" !  Took my scrap box and a few stamps (this one is from Cornish Heritage) to crop night Friday.  I've had bits of this Jenny Bowlin paperline stashed for awhile - love shades of organge and turquoise.  Borrowed a Cuttlebug folder that had the diecut for the butterfly and 4 embossing folders.

Easy!   Made six cards!

The cardstocks are Core'Dinations, left the blue alone but used my edge distresser on both the orange pieces.  Inked the patterned paper, around the verse and the embossed butterflies.

I placed the butterflies and verse on each card dependent on the patterned paper scraps.  The small blue gem draws your eye across the card.  The butterflies are popped up with one wing glued down to create a bit more dimension (thanks for the tip Marianne!).

I am going to enter this into the Blue Moon contest (see links).  This isn't a "best card" winner but maybe I will inspire other beginner card enthusiasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket