5 July 2010

HALLOWEEN IN JULY ! - A SIMPLE HOLIDAY CARD

It`s been a productive few days!  I`ve just finished my Halloween cards (Marianne, I`m working towards Christmas!).  I am a beginner with cards!  So nothing too complicated for me at this point.  So this post is for those other scrapbookers who also need simple cards to do! 

This is also my entry for a challenge at the Shabby Tea Room  http://www.theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/  to use embossing.  I've embossed the entire card - that means I will insert a plain white sheet to write on but the entire card is in theme!

I started with 3.5 x 5 cards and envelopes from Soiree in a pearly pea green.  I embossed the cards with a Sizzix texture plate (spider web and yes I used my Big Shot!) and inked the raised web with black StaZon.

I then used two stamps from Memory Box (the scroll is one stamp and the rest is another stamp).  I stamped the background on a very pumpkin orange cardstock (darker than photo), then stamped the scroll in the corner with embossing ink.  I used Distress Embossing powder in Peeled Paint on the scroll.  After that was heated and brushed off, I hit that corner  with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  Mounted this first block on black cardstock and then to the card itself.  I used a Quickie glue pen and micro fine glitter in a bright orange on the spiders.   

You will have to wait until October to see what will go with the cards!  The fall is a really busy time at work for me so getting these done ahead of time - yahoo!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'm quite envious that you're done with Halloween and moving onto Christmas! Good for you!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun card for Halloween! I like your glitter accents on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I'm impressed - you are so organized! I haven't even given Halloween let along Christmas a thought! :) This card is so cute - love the spiders! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket