5 July 2010

OUR FAMILY TOGETHER - A SUMMER SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUT


My own challenge to myself!  Use only paper and ink and try to not cover the entire page :)

All of the patterned papers in this layout are from my scrapbox, a mix of K&Co, Kaiser, My Minds Eye and Prima that I can identify.  The title pieces were both sprayed with "Moonlight" Glimmer Mist (as is the masked off bit in the top right corner).  "Together" was cut on Basic George Cricut cartridge, "Our Family" is a bit from Tattered Angels. 

TIP:  You can create dimension with layering, inking, white space and tattering/curling edges.  I've still got a good deal of dimension without ribbon, brads, buttons etc.

When I looked at this picture I purposely didn't crop the left side - I wanted to leave the Arbutus trunk.  Those red trunks are so West Coast and part of our natural beauty (called Madrona on the US coast.)  I haven't got a date on this one - I'm thinking 1991.  I can usually tell by getting out the kids' pictures and comparing their hair cuts!  Allison will likely fill me in....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket