12 July 2010

CHRISTMAS IN JULY - A VINTAGE HOLIDAY PROJECT

This is an entry to the "Christmas in July" challenge at The Shabby Tea Room (see links at bottom of blog) and if you click on the title of this post it will take you directly.

The photo from 1949 is of my husband Bob on Santa's lap at the Woodwards Department Store in Vancouver BC.  I used some vintage music from a Children's Song Parade book as part of the background and scraps from my Christmas papers.  Lots of big mica flake glitter surrounds the entire piece.

Silver thread, glittery brads, a rosette also made from scraps tops a K&Co red glittered snow flake.  The hanger was fashioned from a wire clothes hanger.  This is inspired by a project I did on a Teresa McFayden e-zine sometime ago.  I used a 4x6 copy of the photo to make this a reasonable size.

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project! Love that old photo of your DH and Santa! The sheet music is fabulous, and I adore the framework you've created with the die-cut paper and the silver thread. The mica flakes look amazing, too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mica, I love glitter, I love vintage music...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what an absolutely wonderful keepsake of your DH on Santa's lap and to back it with vintage sheet music "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas!! So many wonderful details - thanks so much for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my shabby and vintage goodness!!!! This is absolutely so sweet and precious that the vintage image is of your DH and not just something you printed from the internet! I {heart} how you added the holiday sheet music DSP in the background! BRAVO! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket