24 September 2010

"LOVE'S DREAMLAND" - A VINTAGE STYLE TAG

This is my response to the current challenge to create a "vintage tag" at Our Vintage Affair (click here or on the title of this post to go there).

My start was the stacked teacup stamp and as I worked through the tag what came to mind was an old fashioned bell pull.  I used a resist method to stamp in a scroll all over, created a mask for the teacup stamp and then worked the background with Distress Inks.  I stamped in the teacup and brushed Crackle Accent over all.  The flowers small and large are Prima which I sprayed with Wheatfields Glimmer Mist to make then a nice cream color and add a shy bit of glitz.  The teeny leaves are bits of ribbon I folded and tucked in with DST.  The velvet leaf is 7 gypsies.  The cream fringe trim and tassles I had in my stash.  The gold cord and tassles were on a Victorian Shadow Box that the DH bought at an auction - even though the box is clearly authentic I am fairly certain the cord and tassles were added and are newer.

I don't usually stage a photo (I'm not a great photographer!) but couldn't help myself here.  The music sheets are from the turn of the 19th century (and inspired the title) and the photo is a family one.

4 comments:

  1. Sandi...your tag is gorgeous!! I love how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,

    The tag looks lovely. I like your blog background.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely ! And the staging just shows it off so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whole tag - the stamping and blending but the fringing especially just finishes it off so beautifully. Thank you for joining in at Our Vintage Affair good luck Polly x

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket