22 September 2010

MY SQUIRREL - MINI ALBUM

The blog hop this last weekend at Ch(all)enge Masters inspired me to bring this one to life!  Click on the title of this post to go directly there.

I think I had the first idea of this one about two years ago.  I had just been gifted with a Bind It All and set out to create something that had never been seen before, sometimes confidence and talent don't coincide LOL  What a mess!  If it wasn't for the squirrel I likely would have trashed it.  I had the beginning of a cover and 2 inside pages.

I loved this line of Crate Paper especially the die cuts.  This little squirrel was so like a tattered and torn squirrel that frequented our yard and often hung out at the patio door waiting for food!  So this week I have created some additional pages, keeping them simple as I like to do the final embellishments when I've decided on the photos.  I know how to use the Bind It All now and binding a variety of page sizes can be tricky but I get it!  My Squirrel was looking pretty flat then I realized he had to be bronzed.  Micro fine glitter on top of Glossy Accents, I pulled a bit off the edges when it was still wet and then sanded off the edges when dry for the shabby, tattered look.   A few pieces off my stash of autumn stems (90% off at Michael's last year!) and now he can stay out of the trash!

1 comment:

  1. Your squirrel album is fab! So well done and perfect for fall.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket