23 September 2010


McLean (Mac, who will be 5 in December) is crazy for Star Wars right now and in need of new name banner.  To help me along in the "getting it done" category his mumma ordered the papers and had them delivered to me.  Cheeky daughter of mine..but smart.  She ordered two 12x12s of patterned paper (one was double sided), a 12x12 diecut of Storm Trooper heads and a sheet of epoxy stickers.  I still have enough for a layout of Mac in his Luke Skywalker halloween costume.

The pennants I cut out of a glossy chipboard (comic book backers actually), the tops measure 5 1/2" across and 6 1/2" middle to tip.  I glue stick the chipboard then lay that onto the paper and cut with a good kraft knife.  If your blade is fresh this will be a zip.  If the pattern can be turned anyway then you will get 3 pennants - 2 if not from each 12x12 with plenty for creating embellishments or an additional layout or card.

I cut a line of three Storm Trooper heads to top each pennant.  The alphas were cut on the Simply Sweet Cricut Cartridge at 2 1/2 inches twice - one cut with shadow and one without to create the layering.  Additionally I outlined the letters with my white pen.  I used the epoxy stickers to create the embellishments between the Storm Trooper heads and on each of the pennants.  I used navy seam binding for the main ribbon and tied 4" strips of red, orange and green narrow satin ribbon between the pennants.  That will keep them from sliding around and adds a bit of "boy acceptable" fluff!


  1. awesome banner! thanks for visiting my blog. so happy you'll be joining the creative connection!

  2. Looks terrific!!!! I really like the outlining you added. Thanks for sharing the measurements!

  3. Hello Sandi,
    You have a beautiful site. I love your fairy theme and background. It is really pretty and magical.
    This is a way cool banner! What a lucky boy.
    Thank you so much for coming by my blog and for your very kind comments (and for following).


I adore comments! Thank you so much!