26 May 2010

WAS SHIRLEY TEMPLE PART OF YOUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES?

Do you remember spending afternoons watching old Shirley Temple movies on TV?   What about the old Hollywood musicals?   A friend of my mom's had an original Shirley doll dressed in a blue velvet outfit from her own childhood - I was so thrilled to see it.  My mom bought me my own - that was about 15 years ago!  I was 12 or so when I bought an original Shirley Temple cobalt blue glass breakfast set, which I still have, with my babysitting money.  Mom had an antique shop - so yes my collecting started early!

Folks always said my mom looked like Alice Faye, who starred in a number of Shirley movies, I thought this sheet music cover was a great illustration of the era.   Hope these bring back a few memories of your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket