4 May 2010

"EASTER EGG-CITEMENT" - A Scrapbooking Layout


How are you doing on your Easter pages? I wondered if I should post after the holiday?  But everytime I have done layouts ahead of time waiting for the pictures - darn if I don't think something else would have worked better!  And yes I do still have other years to do..

By printing all of these wallet size I've managed to capture the highlights all on one two-page layout - except for each of these three in the "Ears" but that will come later.  We weren't there this year but they have kept the same traditions and looking over the pictures makes me feel like I was there.  Isn't that one of the reasons for doing all of this?

The patterned background papers and letters are Making Memories, the flowers and postcard  My Minds Eye and the cardstock Bazzil.  I brushed a light coat of Antique Gloss Finish onto the letters to give them a bit of depth.  On the flower centers I used Lime Stickles.  All of the faux stitching was done with Stampin Up markers.   I used the chipboard skeleton and stamp set from a Crafty Secrets Vintage Postcard kit to create the postcard.  I then journaled it as if it were from the grandkids. 

It's sometimes hard to tell if a layout really works until you can get some distance on it.  After posting I often get an idea or two for changing them up.  Though I do try and scrap by my motto "Not every page has to be a work of art."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket