24 May 2010

GRAPHIC 45 "FASHIONISTA" MINI ALBUM (1)

I've split this post into two hopefully making it not too cumbersome to download.  You will have to click on the pictures to get the fine detail.  This 6x6" mini was inspired by Christie Bryants' mini published in the Winter edition of "Scrapbooking & Beyond".  I think this is perfect for "Notes & Quotes", a collection of cropped pictures espectially from an earlier era, I tend to save small bits of pictures that are good when I wouldn't use the entire picture or memorabilia.

I have used the Fashionista line from Graphic 45 but you could use any line from Graphic 45, each one comes with sheets of die cuts which are featured here on each page.  If you are at a loss on how to use your die cuts this will inspire you! 

On the left is the cover and back page.  The red & white baker's twine is from Martha Stewart, the crocheted flower I topped with a vintage button.  I faux stitched (always!) in either white or black on the edges of each page. 

The 1st and 2nd pages are center.  Instead of using ribbon between the patterned papers I used strips of cardstock, scalloped and inked.  I inked a paper flower to coordinate.  I like the wrapped twine and ribbon and will use those techniques again.

On the right are the 3rd and 4th pages.  Again really simple use of the die cuts, bits of ribbon, gems and vintage buttons tied with the red & white bakers' twine.   It is the use of photo corners on each of the squares that make the interesting star shape. 

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous fashionista mini sandi, i am working on one of those now and this is a fabulous inspiration. thanks for sharing
    hugs carrie

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket