19 April 2012

VASEUX LAKE, OLIVER BC - TRAVEL LOG CONTINUED

The early view from my window this morning, I am in Penticton BC on the southern tip of Okanagan Lake and looking north.   The water is smooth as glass not a ripple to be seen - or a hint of the Ogopogo!  (Shawn I hadn't thought about him in years..mavelous background for a journal page!)


Monday I drove from Penticton to Oliver passing through Vaseux Lake (all in the southern end of the Okanagan Valley).

Lots of pictures available on the internet, here are a couple off a tourist and travel site;



This area is protected for wildlife and well known for a local herd of Big Horned Sheep.



Oliver now claims to be the Wine Capital of Canada.  Honestly I don't drink wine but do know that wineries up and down the Okanagan Valley have been producing award winning varieties.  Lots of folks head to the Okanagan to make a holiday of the winery tours, enjoy the lake beaches and scenery.  


  

3 comments:

  1. These pics are gorgeous, what a lovely place to be! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bottom photo makes me long for Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip sounds amazing--stunning scenery.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket