4 April 2012

PANORAMIC EASTER MATCHBOX SWAP - MY CREATION!

I am so having fun with the swaps hosted by JoAnne of The Vintage Dragonfly.  I sent my creation for this swap to Kimberley of artJOYstuff.  Do check out both of their blogs for a huge dose of inspiration!  With all of the this and that going on with me these days, I didn't take a picture of my Easter matchbox before I sent it off - so the pictures (and they are better than I would do!) are courtesy of Kimberley!

We were to use the large 250 count boxes, create an Easter themed scene inside and decorate the outside cover.  The outside..


The inside ..I used a vintage postcard from my collection for the background, tucked  colored cheesecloth around the edges to simulate straw, used fussy cut chicks from another card to add dimension, added vintage millinery flowers and a lot of glitter!  For a bit of extra I put in teeny chenille chicks, a basket charm and a Purdy's (a well known BC purveyor of fine chocolate!) chocolate.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sandi, That is adorable! LOVE the cover and those little chicks are so cute!
    Hope all is well with you!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful swop, am sure whoever receives it will be thrilled. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely Easter keepsake. From an ordinary matchbox you have created divine. Blissful Bunny Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, love that bow on the outside, fabulous! Happy Easter, Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, this is soooooooooooooooo gorgeous, love it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful creation Sandi! Kimberly will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just GORGEOUS Sandi!! The colors are fabulous and I love all the images you used and the trim inside....Yummy!! Gorgeousness!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket