7 January 2014

VALENTINE ORIGAMI BOX

An entry at Make It Monday last week lead me to discover Christina Griffiths and the "Origami Box" .. .thank you Margaret!  I can't stop making the boxes..

My first one had to be Valentines!  The bottom is made from one sheet of 12x12 pp, the top and inside bits part of another.  I have used Making Memories "Lovestruck", it's an older pattern that I particularly like.

The box is quite sturdy, great for a special gift or decor item.  Do check out Christina's video which I have linked up for you below.





Here is Christina Griffith's video showing you how to make the base, you can find the next video for the top from here.


 PS  I am entering this project in the challenges at The Shabby Tea Room, Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings and Make It Monday.

11 comments:

  1. Your box is so cool and so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made folded little boxes in the past but these are wonderful with the curved sides and lid. Thank you for sharing the links. Happy New Year and Creative Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandi, this is exquisite! What a wonderful gift for the little ones (and big ones also). I must try this but yours is perfection! Thanks for sharing the video. I saw your little treasure on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!!! Thanks for the video - I'll try to do it myself.

    Greetings from Slovenia
    Jerneja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellow, I promised that I'll make it and now I did it :). You can see my origami star box on my blog: http://odmenezatebe.blogspot.com/2014/04/origami-box.html

      Thanks again for sharing tutorial!

      Greetings
      Jerneja

      Delete
  5. I love your gift box Sandi and checked out the video to add to my favourites last week..easy to make and yours looks stunning...beautiful papers and the top of the box is just gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful box. I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS!! I need to make one!!
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Sandi! This is stunning! I so have to make one now :) Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creation! I popped over from MIM & so pleased I did xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gift box! Love the patterned paper and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket