16 January 2014

MY ARTISTIC ADVENTURES CHALLENGES (JAN 16/2014) - "ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS"

Yippee, it is time for the 2nd  "My Artistic Adventures Challenges"!  Heather has made it so easy for us with her "On the First Day of Christmas" theme.  If you are just getting your head wrapped around crafting in 2014 check out this new crafting challenge rules here!  She has put together an incredible design team, you will certainly be inspired!  I feel so fortunate to be working with this talented bunch.

"On the First Day of Christmas" I dreamt of snow falling and pretty little bluebirds eating the holly berries just outside my window.

Heather's Bluebirds Music Tags collage sheet is what I built this tag on.  I adore the serenity I feel just looking at this image, the perfect vintage holiday of my dreams.  I have carried over this inspiration from my own Christmas In the Bank post.

To start I covered a larger #8 manila tag with a Graphic 45 paper, then popped up the music background from the collage sheet and popped the bluebird image on top of that.  Tip:  create a lot of basic dimension when you want to go over the top with your embellishments.

Trims from my stash included the cream pom poms, silver metallic rick rack, silver "feather" rope, seam binding (bow made with my Mini BowDabra), feathers, a paper rosebud and vintage blue glass beads which I "liberated" from a strung garland.  Soft blue chalk ink on the rose and then blue, red and silver Stickles to finish.




In keeping with another of my goals for 2014, I used the pieces left from this and my Christmas In the Bank project to create two more holiday tags.  I will add ribbons when I use these, love building up my stash!



Note:   I have entered my tag in the ABC Christmas Challenge, Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge



10 comments:

  1. Love theses tags so non traditional colors . Just noticed on your profile that you are living in BC nice to follow Canadian blogs . I live in NS and there's a lot of Mcleans here in this neck of the country !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful, Sandi! What a treat to get a gift from you with such a lovely tag on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Sandi! They are little gifts in and of themselves and should be displayed on tiny easels! LOVE the feather and floral embellies, and in fact, I love ALL of the "over the top" embellishments. These kinds of projects make my little heart sing. And what a fantastic color combination. Simply BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful :)

    Thanks for your opinion about my ribbon!

    Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have the best trim stash!! I love all the embellies....Thank you for creating these beauties for my challenge Sandi!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant tag, Sandi! I enjoy using blue for Christmas - unique and fun. The blue feathers, ricrac and pompoms are lovely details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous tag!!! I'm a blue girl, so of course, I love the colors. Love the feathers you added, too. They are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing with CHNC2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering this lovely tag for my CHNC challenge extra for January - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket