2 January 2014

MY ARTISTIC ADVENTURES CHALLENGES (January 2, 2014) A VALENTINE SPOOLIE

I adore crafting holiday projects, so I am tickled "pink and red" that Heather's first My Artistic Adventures Challenge has a Valentine's theme!   What?  You missed the news...click here.

I have used her "Hugs and Pooches" collage sheet images for my Valentine Spoolie.  I printed the sheet out 2x so that I could pop up the pug (how many times can you say "pop up the pug").  Using the larger heart image, I traced around it onto the large music square to create a frame and used the same on the 2nd sheet to create a nicely finished back.  I did pop up the image on the frame, along with the "14" square I created from the scraps.  Lots of Stickles in pink, red and platinum - get your glitter on girl!

A scrap of the music paper covers the middle of the wooden spool, the edges are finished with a creamy trim and a fine red braid on top of that.  This all sits upon a base fashioned using a vintage heart shaped jello mold which I didn't intend to completely cover but you know how that goes.  Layers of pink trims create a sweet skirt. The final steps were creating the flower arrangements.

Tip:  I have been using E600 glue for mixed media pieces this last year and find that it well and truly holds even when I have sent projects through the mail.  It sets up fairly quickly and has substance which is often helpful.

This little over the top piece is destined for my red guestroom which has been newly "shabbified" with a LOT of pink rose garlands.


I hope you will feel inspired to come adventuring with us at My Artistic Adventures Challenges, come on over and check out all of the fabulous projects!

Note:  I am also entering this at Make It Monday and Really Reasonable Ribbons

Michelle of Pink Paper Paradise and DT member at Make It Monday chose this as her Pick of the Week!  Thanks Michelle!

9 comments:

  1. Sandi, that is gorgeous! Now I have to go find some wooden spools! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, I love your project! You are so very creative.The heart on the spool with the dog....love it!!!!
    I am looking forward to seeing your amazing work at "My Artistic Adventures Challenge"

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.... what a lovely project!!! I came over from MIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi this is too darn cute! Love the dog angle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very artistic /creative . Beautiful piece . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWSER! this is amazing Sandi!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi, wow what an amazing project. So much gorgeous detail! Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday.
    Please visit my blog for a little surprise.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Love all that pink ribbon!

    Thanks for joining us at RRR!

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous with all it's pink shabbiness! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hope to see you again for the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket