7 May 2013

SECRET GARDEN (GREEN AND YELLOW) BIRTHDAY MINI/MINI PAPER BAG CARD/ALBUM

I have used just two paper bags to create this mini/mini - call it what you will, it's meant to be in place of a card.  This one has gone to my step mom Toni who is here from Washington state for a short visit and had her 75th bday on Sunday.   The perfect bit to stash ferry ticket stubs and other small pieces of ephemera picked up on the trip.


The background paper is from the Secret Garden line, the "flower garden" I cut from a vintage greeting card and topped with a fence punched (MS) from a scrap of Core'dinations, hand drew and cut the photo corner from the same scrap, a bit of vintage velvet ribbon along the bottom (I have used the same trim on the inner pages to carry through the look), muslin "Petal" trim   at the end.  I used clear embossing powder on the blooms to make them stand out and "Stickled" the edges and then the fence quite heavily.  I embossed the Happy Birthday stamp (don't know the make but it is marked 1990), does that make it vintage LOL) in black so that it stands out, the stamp has a vintage look perfect for this.


The focus here is a "Vintage Postcard" from Crafty Secrets which I have inked and "Stickled" and then added a small tag from the Secret Garden papers.


More of the MS punch here, some gingham ruffled trims in green and yellow.  I have written our "birthday wishes" on the back of this "tag" which again is from the Secret Garden papers.

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh Sandi this is awesome! Love the idea of a smaller mini to replace a card and this is so gorgeous. I bet your step mom adored it! Hugs,
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. the albums you are making are beyond beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket