21 May 2012

"WISH YOU WERE HERE" BEACH THEME POSTCARD SWAP -ALPHA STAMPS

Another fun swap at AlphaStamps!  This time we are exchanging 5 postcards with a Beach related theme.

I used the AlphaStamps  "Beachy Postage and Words" collage sheet and Graphic 45 "On the Boardwalk" paper as my starting place.  When a swap is opened they always gather pieces to go along with the theme and put them on sale!  I added clam shell sequins, brass starfish, tiny blue shell dresden trim and a package of vellum borders to my purchase.

 
I used Glossy Accents to build up the sand pile in the left hand corner and across the beach at the top.  Add in some teeny shells, hotfix some sparkly crystals into the mix and edge the awning in platinum Stickles for extra sparkle.  I did another one similar to this.


Some of us will remember those beach movies!  And Sex Wax for the boards!  Well Glossy Accents in this case LOL  More sand, some of those yummy clamshell sequins and a tiny silver fishie.  Popped up the old "woodie" and board.  These images are from GeckoGalz.

 
Clamshell sequins tucked behind the glittered up mat provides a beach worthy frame.  Anchored with more sand, shells and a teeny starfish all set upon a vellum border of sand dollars.



Can't do beach and NOT do mermaids!  The images here were changed up by my friend Heather.  Love those hotfix crystals in the water - the perfect excuse to go and purchase the tool and crystals!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi, I love all your beach postcards! Joyous Wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi, Your beach postcards are fantastic! I love all the details. When you have time today please stop by my blog. I have an award I'd like to give to you. Joyous Wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous, Sandi! I wish I was there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully done- love the added details to make all of your work fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, Love your Beach postcards. So many great details. Sure wish I could have found some time to play along! I do remember those beach movies with Frankie and Annette! Oops am I showing my age again? LOL
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi, I meant to stop by earlier because I saw the first post card and I Just LOVED the colors!! You are in so many swaps....WE should do a swap!! ME and YOU!! Sex Wax?? OMG...LOL...I love that you used the Bella Beauties image of the mermaids...I remember adding more and more hair...to cover up the *whispers* boobies. I loved the shell!! Your post cards are going to be a HIT!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It is so good to see your creations again, I've been away too long. Yes, they do bring back the memories, they are wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all great Sandi! I love them all!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. The sources of your images on your post cards took me down memory lane. Wonderful arat!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket