6 October 2010

BEST COSTUME - VINTAGE STYLE HALLOWEEN RIBBON


I am entering this in the "Week #30 Vintage Halloween" Challenge at The Shabby Tea Room (click on the title of this post or here to go directly there).  Please do go and check out all of the entries!

I have had "doing an exhibition style ribbon" on my list for quite some time and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.   The image I have used for the center is a vintage Halloween image.  I've also broken into my for real, really vintage black crepe paper.  I've kept the glitter to a minimum for an authentic aged look.  I used the JBS Bingo letters for the title which I think fits perfectly here.

The basic structure is built on 4" beer coasters, I picked up a sleeve of unused ones in a thrift store this summer for $2!  I've covered the central image in several layers of  Rock Candy Distress Paint.  The ribbons are wired ones that I purchased at Michael's.  I used wired ribbons to get more overall dimension but you wouldn't have to.  I also couldn't find a satin ribbon that was the right tone.

Contact me if you would like a bit more instruction (e-mail button at top right).  This has been a fun project and I just might do a couple more!

6 comments:

  1. How absolutely clever and wonderful! This is really unique and beautiful ... great job with our Vintage Halloween challenge this week in the Tea Room -- thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! I love the vintage appeal and how you kept it authentic. It's truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable and oh so clever! I knew those beer coasters were good for something! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket