31 October 2010

BATS, BONES, BOO! A CHIPBOARD HAUNTED HOUSE!

Hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed making this one!  I'm entering this into the GINGERSNAP CREATIONS (GC74) Spicy Supply Challenge - VersaMark.  Click on the title of this post to go directly there.

The structure is a kit from Retired Let's Do Lunch.  I've used their kits a couple of times and love the simplicity of assembly and sturdiness.  While I also ordered the Halloween Kit all I used were the ghost cut-outs, the cardboard circle base  and the sheet of vellum for the windows. 

I heat embossed the sides of the house using VersaMark, Distress Embossing Powder in Weathered Wood and a faux bois stamp from CTMH as a starting point.

I inked the shutters with Spicy Marmalade Distress Ink, then stamped a brocade design with VersaMark and used  black American Crafts Zing embossing powder to heat emboss.  The "Juliet" balconies I made using the Martha Stewart Halloween fence punch to which I added a bit of glam using Platinum (my favorite all around!) Stickles.  I added a bit of white faux stitching for a bit more definition.  I added some black paper flowers to the two side balconies, touched again with a bit of the Platinum Stickles.  The ghost cut-outs I covered with Crackle Accents and a tiny bit of the same Stickles and black faux stitching for accent.  I love the way they curled.

The skeleton in the doorway was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with white Stampin' Up embossing powder.  I then inked the door with Black Soot Distress Ink and the embossed skeleton "resisted" the black ink.  A bit of my signature  faux stitching round the door frame.  The door was then coated with Crackle Accent and a bit of warm highlights glitter from Glitter Ritz.

The Boo Wreath - a Christmas bit converted with a little white acrylic paint, orange glitter and a metal Boo brad.   The Candy Corn flower beds - acrylic stickers I found at Michael's last year.

The roof I heat embossed with black Stampin' Up embossing powder and a spotty background stamp, which I then inked with several of the green based Distress Inks.  The gable and chimney are inked with the greens and then coated with Crackle Accents.  I then trimmed the roof and gable with black bat "ribbon".  The chimney cap I heat embossed with VersaMark, copper embossing powder and a cheesecloth background stamp from CTMH.  I topped the cap with a black paper bat which I wired and poked through the top. 

I've been without my notebook for the last several weeks hence the late posting.  Maybe you will bookmark this one for next year though.

8 comments:

  1. OMG SANDI!!!!!!!!!!!! This is soooo gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi,
    It's nice to hear from you again. What a fabulous creation. You have put a lot of work into this one.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi, I just caught sight of this on the GC blog and came over for a better look. So glad I did as it's totally fabulous!!!
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! A nice addition to a Halloween collection, who might have one of those????

    Although I do think Lucy's World might rival this house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your computer problems are over and that you're back. And with such an amazing Halloween house !!

    Love to have you at my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing Halloween house. And the fence around is an awesome touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the designs along the roof-line ... ... thanks for celebrating Goth-tober with us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a totally stunning project - I'm so glad you could join us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket