14 April 2010

SCRAPBOOKING IN PEACE RIVER!

Can't believe I left my camera behind!  The drive between Dawson Creek and Fort St John (on the Alaska Highway!) was of course quite different from what I am used to in the Pacific Northwest.  Even in this period between winter snow and spring green there is beauty to be found.  Maybe I will find a postcard before I leave this morning.  For those of you unfamiliar this northern (very!) area of  BC is referred to as Peace River.

Besides the great scenery each location has a scrapbook store worth hunting out.  Since shopping is pretty limited this far north - these stores do it all and successfully.  In Dawson Creek it is B&T -  a combination home decor, gift and craft store.  I spent an hour in there and I didn't even get to the paper racks.  Work called!  Check them out at http://www.bandt.ca/

Fort St John's Unforgettable Memories is just that.  They try to stock something of everything and it is all there!  This includes 1hr photo, cake decorating supplies, wedding invitations and enough scrapbooking everything to keep you shopping for hours.  They do lots of classes with all of the samples out on display and most of those have kits available so that those of us from out of town can take 'em away.  This is a really talented crew.  A layout kit I purchased a couple of years ago has become one that I use over and over.  Check them out at http://www.unforgettablescrapbook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket