26 April 2010

QUEEN FOR A DAY - A SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUT


A variation on the "Happy Says It All" layout I posted earlier.  Lucy pictures are getting all of my attention this week but watch out Madison and Liam, I have a new picture of you two!  The flower technique here is something I have been mucking around with.  Simple circles cut out with pinking shears, the edges are inked and mostly pushed up to give some dimension.  Try a few combinations on your own layouts to get the right look. 

I haven't found the Maya mini chipboard banners in my travels yet so I've taken an easy approach.  Cut a two inch strip of paper (or squares) and using my acrylic grided ruler and grided healing mat, I've cut the banner pieces with a craft knife.  I've used ink, faux stitching and letters to give some dimension but taking the extra steps of mounting these on chipboard would also be good.

The background and title papers are from the Abbey Road line (My Mind's Eye) orange and turquoise have long been a fav combination of mine so it was easy for me to pounce on these!  The banner and flowers include bits from Sassafrass.  The acrylic butterflys are from JBS, the buttons American Craft, pearls and ric rac are FTI, the brads Creative Imaginations and the frog punch is McGill (thanks Laine!).

Do you love the frog?  Princess didn't really work on how I wanted to do this layout - besides why start small just go to the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket