2 March 2010

LIAM AND HIS CURL -A ST PATRICKS' DAY PAPERCRAFTRING PROJECT

I've been waiting for the project to use this picture of Liam.  Not sure if he is just looking up or looking at his spiffy hair!  Came across the old pharmacy label for hair creme and there it was!

The structure for this one is a heavy glossy cardstock cut 8" x 8".  Cover with a background paper, I used a light green here but I think a darker green next time for a bit of "pop".  I marked this off into quarters and adhered the picture to start.  Pulled a bunch of good stuff from my stash; shimmery shamrocks, scraps of green patterned paper (graphic 45), 7 Gypsies tag, Tim Holtz Fragments (under the shamrocks for dimension).  A couple of vintage downloads edged in gold leaf.  I treat this one like a quilt, moving the main pieces around until I like the look and then cutting and fitting bits into the blank spaces.  See my Valentine project post for the first example of using this format.

Lots of time to produce a couple of these!  How about a verse to use on yours?

"Leprechauns, castles,
     good luck and laughter,
Lullabies, dreams and love
     ever after."

2 comments:

  1. Having seen this piece of art in person, all I can say is "outstanding work". The creativity and knowledge is incredible. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous--that vintage label was a real find to go with this photo

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket