19 March 2010

FLY AWAY WITH ME - A SCRAPBOOKING SHADOW BOX

This shadow box was just one of the reasons I was so excited to see Crafty Secrets at our Scrapbooking Carnival.  The picture I used of Allison, Spencer, McLean and Lucy (pre-Olivia) was taken this last fall on a sunny day at Beacon Hill park here in Victoria - a fall pic but the colors are perfect for a "here comes spring" project.

I used;  Crafty Secrets "Sweet Chips Die Cut Shapes" and "Creative Scraps", my fav itty bitty flowers, Stickles in lime, pink and cinnamon, a soft plastic egg cut in half and crepe paper from Martha Stewart (shimmered up with Glimmer Mist in pearl), VersaMagic chalk inks in Sea Breeze and Spainish Olive and a .3 micro pen to do the faux stitches in altering this portrait version of the Crafty Secrets shadow box.

If you have vintage crepe paper this is a perfect project to use it on.  But if you find that too fragile to work with Martha Stewarts' crepe paper is about the nicest I have found and it takes a lot of handling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket