2 September 2012

LIKE THE BIRDS SING - REVISITED!

Trying out some new techniques with PanPastels and gel medium in Nathalie's class.   I used pages from a 1947 edition of "A Field Guide to the Birds" for the first layer, thinking this might lead me to a more vintage styled page. Nope.  Perhaps it is just the first beginning steps and I will get better at this?  Do I need more layers?  Dabber paint circles?  More color?  Yes, I had fun doing it.  Yes, I will keep doing it.  I think that is what counts.



After some constructive feedback, I "revisited" this page.  Using a foam finger inker thingie, I stamped white gesso all around the birds.  Clouds!  Of course.





6 comments:

  1. Good page. Perhaps you could use a bit of gesso over the background, or some paint before adding the birds? Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi this is a great page - love the collage style and text background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing piece with loads of lovely layers, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. these birds are just too cute. I LOVE them and the quotes!. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket