18 July 2014

MIXED MEDIA CANVAS - THE ART SOCIETY

My first take on our July 2014 projects from Christy Tomlinson's "The Art Society"  I created this with my 8 year old grandson in mind, McLean lives on a small island north of us.  He and his siblings have lived at the beach since school was out and he loves music, I think he will enjoy this.   I wrote the lyrics of  "When You Wish Upon A Star" all around the outside of the canvas to create a border.  I know he and his mumma will sit and turn the canvas as they sing.

I have used a 6x6" canvas, a lot of different sprays, stencils, mostly Pitt pens for shading, a variety of sparkly products and a white pen for highlights.  I used "Goose Bumps" from Tsukineko  (a clear texture spray) as the final finish.  I am going to be working with the same elements to create a more sophisticated version.



Thanks for looking :)

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely--what a great idea--one of our fave songs too!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket