1 February 2013

NANCY MAXWELL JAMES, 14 HEARTS - DAY 1

If you haven't been paying attention, it's only the first day of Nancy Maxwell James 14 Hearts project go and have a look!  Badge at the right.

Todays project is absolutely scrumptious!  I have my eye on an old carved box which needs some attention, so just maybe I will take on the entire project.  I did get one tag completed today LOL  It was fun to play in the neutral palette that is so "Nancy" and I was inspired to cut into some of my vintage French papers.


I copied the illustration out of an October 22, 1882 edition of "La Mode Illustree, Journal De La Famille" but I did cut into a page of text for the scallops and butterfly.  The bit of hand tatted lace is from a bundle of 10 yards (!) I picked up locally a couple of weeks ago.  A couple of vintage buttons, seam binding ribbon and a Prima flower finish it up.

9 comments:

  1. Sandi, this is a beautiful tag! I love that vintage feel, and those papers are something to treasure, I mean to use.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful with all the layers and embellishments. This is timeless elegance. Enjoying February Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Sandi. Your choice of papers is perfect and I love your arrangement of elements on the tag - so well thought out and balanced. Another triumph from you I think! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The variety of papers in neutrals make a stunning tag! One of my favs!
    Hugs, Starr

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the color palette! Thank you for sharing the link! I will check it out!! That image is darling!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi - your tag is fantastic! I love the images and soft sepia look! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderful tag, so darling.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket