23 January 2013

WINTER WHITES MATCHBOX SWAP - VINTAGE DRAGONFLY


For this first 2013 swap from Vintage Dragonfly we were to think soft wintry images and pack the inside with winter inspiration.  Using white, off white, cream, ecru, beige as our main colour scheme.  We could use touches of soft, warm, muted colours and bits of silver.My swap partner this time is JoAnne herself and yes this does make me nervous LOL

I knew the image I wanted to use, it is from one of my own vintage postcards dated 1908.  It's inscribed "New Year Greetings, To Baby Verna, From Dodo.  I am drawn more to the Edwardian style and decorative arts than Victorian.

The young girl in my image is holding what looks like a huge bouquet of lilac hydrangea so that was obviously my muted colour ..ok so I took liberty on the palette but I couldn't control myself.   I covered the image in sugar beads and the rest of the matchbox cover in a silvery pale lilac paper.  The inside and outer ends, I covered with a rich flocked plum paper, the edges all covered in silvery or lilac Stickles.  I added a sheer cream ribbon, touched with silver Stickles around the outside.  I really like the lush and elegant look and decided not to add anything else.



It has arrived and I received a lovely note from JoAnne this morning.  If you aren't familiar with the Vintage Dragonfly do check it out!

10 comments:

  1. It is a GORGEOUS box! Thanks again Sandi. I so enjoyed swapping with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so sweet..cool swap!
    byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi...this is gorgeous!! I will have to check out her site! Sounds like a fun time!! Of course I want to do your tag challenge too :0)
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi. Your little Winter White matchbox swap is simply beautiful. Today I posted my tags for your January Christmas Bank Club. Thank you for the inspiration and prompting. I hope you get to visit. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why cover up perfection? The matchbox is gorgeous and I love the image and the pretty tie! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's so pretty, I love every little tiny bit of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket