18 June 2014

JULY THE 4TH MIXED MEDIA CANVAS

It's been all about the 4th of July this past week!  Though I have lived in Canada since 1972, I get all nostalgic for the 4th of July.  Not to say we don't do a great July 1st but it isn't the same.  Americana seems to be "current" once again, great excuse for me to send some pieces off to my friends.

This one was done on an 8x6 inch canvas using a piece of paper napkin for the blue/stars, vintage music sheet for the white "stripes" and red patterned paper scraps for the red "stripes".   A sparkly white chipboard heart in the lower right, ringed with a bit of red Stickles is adhered in the bottom right corner.  Finishing touches include red and silver Stickles, faux stitching with a white pen and a bit of stamped text which I smudged.  I used a sepia toned decoupage finish to give it the vintage "Americana" look.


I have used fabric scraps on this one with three different patterned fabric to create the "flag" and a bit of silver ric rac to set off the blue field of stars.  I used a clear decoupage finish, red and silver Stickles, the white pen for faux stitches and another sparkly chipboard heart.  This one is going to a quilter so fabric works well.



1 comment:

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket