5 February 2014

SWEET SENTIMENTS VALENTINE BOX

I covered  a small 3x4 oval paper mache box with papers from the Graphic 45 line "Sweet Sentiments" for my "partner" in a Valentine Swap hosted by JoAnne of Vintage Dragonfly.  We have such fun!

The images from G45 stand on their own, it's hard to cover any bit of them up!  I edged the top with Perfect Pearls, created a bouquet with some of the tiniest blooms in my stash, tied it with a bow and added a banner from My Artistic Adventures Etsy.  I adore banners!  I find them finicky to do from scratch so having a sheet of banners to choose from is my idea of perfection, a couple of little folds at each end to make them pop up and voila!  Heather has also now done alpha sheets sized to use on her banners - heaven!

The top and bottom are edged with a row of white Dresden trim which I inked to match the paper.  I used my favourite Platinum Stickles to add some more sparkle.  When I want my projects to have a vintage look (and I almost always do) I lightly trace all of the edges with glitter, typically Platinum Stickles which sparkles but is more neutral.



and packed with Valentine goodies!



6 comments:

  1. Sandi, this is gorgeous! And so Mercedes...she will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Sandi! JoAnne must be thrilled to receive such a beautiful swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh, thought I commented on this already....Love this box Sandi! Love the flower grouping and that image on the top is darling! Very pretty!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous project Sandi! I love how old fashioned it is and the wonderful images and flowers you used! A precious keepsake for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket