23 June 2010

FISH TALES (FROM A CHILD!) - A SUMMER SCRAPBOOK LAYOUT (The Paper Company)

Now doesn't that make an activist granny proud?  One of our own giving nature a helping hand.  Reports are that Madison loved this field trip and indeed caught and released 20 salmon fry.  Hard to match that great big grin!

I wanted to capture the blues and greens of the landscape and make this look like you are peeking through the trees at the scene.  The background paper is "Secret Garden Blossoms" from The Paper Company, the background cardstock out of the Whitewash line from "core'dinations", and the title and the leaves are from various cardstock scraps - mostly "core'dinations" because I love the finish on their papers.

I picked out three different colors of cardstock for the leaves, sanded the darkest green and used a fresh green ink on the other two for a bit of shading.  I didn't get particular about the kind of leaf I used except I left out the maple die.

I used a Spellbinders die to cut and emboss the leaves - on my Big Shot.  Those of you who know me, know I have been whining for months about how hard it is to figure out the right "sandwich" on the Big Shot for Spellbinder dies.  Mostly I think you haven't expressed your opinion of those comments.  I even bought a 2nd hand Wizard to use instead.  Ok - I had no trouble doing these leaves.  Anyone want to buy a Wizard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket